We wanted to share our newsletter which has all of the updates from this past year. We hope you have a wonderful and blessed Advent and Christmas.
HEAL * LEARN * GROW
"Centered in trauma informed care, the mission of Sacred Heart Ranch of Idaho is to provide
housing, support, and unconditional love to young women during difficult transitions in order to
help them heal, grow and learn important skills before moving on to the next stage of life."
CLICK IMAGE - See the TOP Ten Things that Distinguish SHR from Other Programs
* After reaching the age of 18, 20% of the children who were in foster care will become instantly homeless.
* More than 23,000 children will age out of the U.S. foster care system each year.
* 7 out of 10 girls who age out of the foster care system will become pregnant before the age of 21.
* 25% of children who age out of the foster care system still suffer from the direct effects of PTSD.
* There is less than a 3% chance for children who've aged out of foster care to earn a college degree at any point in their life.
* 20% of female veterans suffer from PTSD.
* 1 in 3 female veterans when seen by VA healthcare system respond "Yes" when screened for military sexual trauma.
Note: The population of women we will be serving are among the most vulnerable for human trafficking.
Sacred Heart Ranch of Idaho will be a transition home utilizing a trauma informed care model for young women during difficult times in their lives. We will provide housing, food, life skills classes and plenty of love and support in a ranch style setting.
The ranch will rely on donations and fundraising efforts to cover all costs. There will be no cost to guests who come to SHR. Once the initial fundraising is complete, Sacred Heart Ranch plans to either purchase a property already equipped or they will purchase land and build. The large property (approximately 10+ acres) will feature a comfortable and functional five-bedroom home with large living and dining areas. A large barn and animals will also be located on the property. Our hope is to open in the near future when we can find a suitable property based on our fundraising efforts.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Will you join us in our mission to make Sacred Heart Ranch of Idaho a reality?
Click HERE for more information on how you can help.